Wednesday 28 April 2010

MTA Records/ Logo



This is the current logo for MTA Records, i think as a logo it is okay, I don't necessarily think it represents the label in terms of genre. However i prefer this than the other examples i have posted that are more 'chavy' and street inspired. I think the labels image should be pushing it forward, gathering focus from a newer audience. Pushing the genre and music forward.
Concerning aesthetics it's fairly pleasing, the circular design is the highlight, personally I dont like the typeface used, I am fond of the style of it, light to regular bold, fixed width, electronic looking. Ha so i guess in the sense that the type, after some thought does look a little electronic it is representative of the music label in some way. One big thing that annoys me about it, the 'a'. grabs too much attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment