Friday 12 November 2010

10/11 Snowboards

Getting ever so close to the start of this years season, so thought Id post some of my fave designs for boars this year. Because I am essentially design driven I tend to go for board which are type driven, these being the best selection this year, for me anyway...

Rome:
A good strong brand, are one company that tend to focus on typography within their board artwork. Loving the filled type. Making type into something more, good stuff.
I believe a use of Helvetica aswell, relevant to my dissertation. The latter board is beautiful an all, simple, Helvetica bold, in uppercase and black, white backdrop, bright colour to set it off.
Good design = Black, White, bright colour.



Ride:
I own a Ride board at the moment and they are truly amazing boards, however their designs have slipped of late in my opinion. This years series of DH's are quite pretty though, bit too busy maybe but strong bold type holds focus.


Forum:
Amazing logo, almost very corporate, but just made to look sick and really appropriate to the audience. Good use of colour, basic CMYK job.


Bataleon:
They have got some amazing boards this year, loving the simplicity and use of type, noting its all different in each board, from stencil to hand drawn. Nice.




Yes:

My fave this year by a mile, Santa is getting me one fo sho.
Designed beautifully, minimal, bold type, getting the brand name out there, just YES! Strong range of the different applications of using the word 'yes'.


No comments:

Post a Comment