Saturday 23 October 2010

Pale Horse

Pale Horse is the Graphic Design Studio based in Flrodia of Illustrator / Graphic Designer Chris Parks.

Impressive body of work. Range of clients, from big global brands like Nike and Urban Outfitters to smaller private companies. Most work is based on highly detailed and skillful illustrations and often taken too posters, clothing and skate/wake-boards.

An example of hand-drawn type from Parks, showing transformation of hand-drawn to digital, able to see how it changes, becoming bolder and defined. Interesting in relation to my practice for my first brief of taking my drawings to Illustrator and making them a whole bag better.



Here, just a couple more examples of typography based work, strong custom made type. Bit decorative like, none the less shows talent in layout and having an even design.
This really relates to some of my ideas for my Snowbombing brief and general projects where I propose posters. Type based designs / type as image etc



Range One
Awesome example in reference to my board designs. An interesting way of taking a design to the format of a board. Instead of having a series of boards with a set of designs on, have one big fuck off illustration and spread it across a number of boards. Very clever.
Taking this to my own design practice, (Brief One) having one illustration for one board but having the illustration spread over the different sizes available.



Another type design, thought this could work well as a logo. Just taking the two H's here in some composition for example. Made me think of an idea or two for my record label brief, having a decorative / customised type style.


Range Two
Nice contemporary examples of taking designs over a range of formats,
IPhones / Guitar Hero guitar! / Xbox / laptop. Maybe not appropriate ranges for some of the stuff i'm doing at the moment but good show of whats possible etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment